Office Organization- Why is my office disorganized?
Organizing Your Office
The 5 reasons your office may be disorganized.
Is this you?
- I waste most of my day looking for things.
- I waste most of my day organizing/tidying my desk.
- I waste most of my time rearranging and moving things around.
- I pile everything in and around my desk, grab what I need, and work at the kitchen table instead.
- My office is boring, not motivating, and too cluttered.
If you can relate to one or more of the items above, then chances are you need an office face lift/ transformation.
Organizing isn’t just grabbing what you own and placing it in a neat pile(s). Organizing requires strategic planning so that you can easily retrieve what you’re looking for as well as maintain it effortlessly.
Pay attention to the following:
1. Your habits
- Do you drop stuff and leave it?
- Do you put things back where they belong?
- Do you hoard paper?
- Do you buy more than you need?
2. The work you do
- Are you in the office every day or are you in and out?
- Is everything electronic or do you also use paper files?
- Do you have a set schedule or routine?
- Do you share the space with someone else?
3. Your personality
- Do you prefer to have things left out so you remember you have it? (out of sight of mind)
- Does clutter bother you? Can you work in chaos?
4. Your environment
- Do you feel motivated in your space and inspired to work?
- What is the temperature like in your space?
- How is your decor? Desk and chair? Layout of the room?
All of these are important when deciding to and trying to organize your space.
Why? Because organizing takes a long time and you want to do it right the first time! Also, this is your space. You want a space that you absolutely love or else you’re not going to want to be in it. Simple!
Think of organizing like a personal trainer for your space/life. It’s not a cookie-cutter-one-shoe-fits-all type of thing- it’s very custom to the individual.
So, give these questions a thought and next week I will show you some tips and tricks on how to actually declutter and organize the space!
Last thing, please comment any specific questions that you may have so I can address them in my next blog post! Also, if you’re feeling stuck, I can help you 1:1 or do it all for you! Send me an e-mail and we can get started.
PS! Sign up to get more tips, printables and discounts.
Are You Ready To Start
Transforming Your Spaces With Me?
Amazing! The getting started process is a breeze. Simply fill out the contact form or give me a call and we’ll dive right into details.