Make Moving Easier
Why hiring a professional organizer before you move is your best move!
Buying or selling a home is one of the most exciting yet stressful events in one’s life. However, there are many ways to make this time easier!
1. Help you declutter what you no longer WANT or NEED. Why pack, move, store, or unpack any unnecessary items? Decluttering before you move will encourage you to be more honest with yourself. You want the process of moving to be quick and as stress-free as possible. This means you will be more ruthless in order to speed up the process- that’s a good thing when it comes to decluttering! If you wait to declutter once you’ve moved into your new home, you’re more likely to keep things that you wouldn’t have kept had you done it prior to moving. You have space and your move is done- why purge now? We will not only help with the decision making, but we’ll also haul away anything for donations, for FREE!
2. Save money on moving supplies, boxes and storage units. Why spend money on packing or storing items that you may or may not need/want/use. We can you make the right decisions to save you money, and time.
3. Get your home up on the market faster. It takes a lot of time to get your home sale-ready. When stressed and overwhelmed, we tend to lose our focus. That’s why having someone keep you focused and on track is extremely beneficial not only for your mental energy but your time as well. We will strategize this process for you, helping you to prioritize your to-do’s which will, in turn, get your home ready quicker!
4. Once sold, packing to move will be timely and effortless. Strategizing how to pack, is important. Throwing stuff into a box and labeling it basement is setting yourself up for overwhelm. You might as well write “If you’re looking to waste time, energy, and cause stress, here I am.” Too often people throw stuff into a box because they feel there is not enough time to pack properly; this is where a professional organizer can help!
5. Label everything in a way that is easy to find. Labeling a box is important. However, an organizer will go beyond writing “basement”. Putting in this extra time is going to save you so much time and energy once you move into your new space. There is nothing worse than having 50 “basement” boxes when all you want is your darn toaster. What do you do? Buy a new one because you don’t have the time or patience to search through all the boxes. Don’t let this be you!
6. Lightly stage the home so your home sells above the asking price. Having a fresh, clutter-free home is extremely important to attracting a buyer. Think about it- would you buy a home that has clutter everywhere? It will only make the buyer feel overwhelmed and unable to have a feeling of “home” for themselves. We can suggest proper furniture placement and temporarily organize your belongings that make your home look irresistible.
7. List of trusted tradesmen. There are so many things that need to be done in order to sell your home. Finding reliable people to help you get your home market-ready is not on your wish list of things to do. We have a list of reliable and trusting people that can help you with anything you need. Whether you need to replace your baseboards, carpets, put a fresh coat of paint or put on a new roof; we’ve got the person for the job.
8. Strategize furniture placement and set up organizing systems in your new home. Once you’re settled into your new home, all you want to do is have a little R&R. Sometimes, R&R lasts for years and the homeowner never really settles in their home. Now, all you have is a new house and not a home. Having an organized space, that is completely functional, easy to navigate and maintain, will allow you to enjoy your space. More so, you will have the time and energy to personalize your new space, making it feel like a home rather than a house. A professional organizer can unpack, organize, and set up personalized systems that will allow you to have that R&R you desire- without guilt.
PS. If you know someone who is looking to move within the next year, I invite you to share this with them! Moving can be stressful, that’s why I’m here to help!
Are You Ready To Start
Transforming Your Spaces With Me?
Amazing! The getting started process is a breeze. Simply fill out the contact form or give me a call and we’ll dive right into details.