How Labelling Your Fridge Can Save You Time and Money
How To Save Time and Money by Labelling Your Fridge
I love to save money, don’t you? And time… time is something none of us can get back so I’m sure you’re going to love this simple tip!
Want to hear it?
It’s as easy as…
Yes… all I did was label the inside of my clients fridge.
Let me tell you 3 benefits to labelling the inside of your fridge.
1. You save money because…
Everything has a defined space.
- Have you ever gone to look for something but couldn’t find it? Then you went out and bought a new one and BAM, now you have two! Ya, that’s really annoying, especially when the bottle of salad dressing costs your $8 a bottle.
- When you label your space, everything has a home. When everything has a home, you buy less and therefore, save money.
2. It takes less mental energy because…
You don’t waste your time searching.
- Hold on… how does this make sense? Because when things are labelled, you don’t have to think twice about where to find what you’re looking for. Your brain will automatically look for the word, for example, “eggs” and there you will find your eggs. You will be hyper-focused looking for the one item. Otherwise, your brain would have to scan through the entire fridge to look for that one item. More decisions to make = brain fatigue= not necessary.
3. You save time because…
- Have you ever gone to write your grocery list and you had to clean out the entire fridge before doing so because everything was so crammed in there and you had no idea what you had? Or better yet, you’re at the grocery store and you can’t remember what you have because the picture you have in your mind of your fridge is a total cluster-you-know-what.
- When your fridge is organized, it takes seconds to glance through your fridge to see what you need to replenish. You’ll also end up wasting less food, too!
Why my client asked me to label her fridge for her
She said, “Cass, can you please label my fridge? I want to know where everything is. I don’t want to have to think about whether or not I need eggs. I want to be able to look at the spot that is labelled eggs and know whether I have some or not. It will also allow me to stay on top of replenishing my food for my family because I will have a clear indication of what I have and what I still need to buy. I want a system that is going to be super easy for me.”
Owning a business can take a lot of energy out of you, which is what she has. Having children can do the same. Heck, there are a ton of things that can make us feel mentally fatigued, which is why labelling is so beneficial. It may sound silly but it has great benefits!
I’m curious to know whether or not you label your fridge? If you don’t, are you going to try it out?
If you liked this post or found it helpful, please share!
PS, this is my favorite label maker. It’s the one I have and the one I used in this fridge. It’s extremely user friendly and you can buy it right here and have it shipped straight to your door in no time.
Are You Ready To Start
Transforming Your Spaces With Me?
Amazing! The getting started process is a breeze. Simply fill out the contact form or give me a call and we’ll dive right into details.